Monday, November 19, 2007

A hi-IQ entry, to balance off the previous one...

I had just finished reading Neil Gaiman's novel "Anansi Boys" this morning. Boy, can the man tell a story! I have to say, his scary short stories fill me with dread. When I tried reading "Smoke and Mirrors" I quit in the middle, and couldn't stop crying. But his novels I love.
If you're into folklore and storytelling, this book is for you. Now I can listen to the radio version, only just released. So can you, on this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/world_drama.shtml

May I say, thanks again, Neil! I love reading your novels, as well as your blog. You rock. Maybe one day I'll even get that much-craved autograph, for which I couldn't be bothered to stand in line for over an hour....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm into folklore and storytelling, however, I'm not really into reading books in English for fun... Was it translated to Hebrew?

I know, it's not the same, etc... What can I do, English is no fun for me (this blog excluded, of course).

Sophie said...

I have no idea if it's been translated inte Hebrew. I tend to get annoyed by Hebrew translations. A lot of them are so very bad.